Sen. Bailey announces Jackson County to receive federal aid for May disaster recovery

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – State Sen. Paul Bailey (R-Sparta) announced today that Jackson County has been added to Tennessee’s Presidential Disaster Declaration for the May 27 and May 28, 2017 storms. Local governments and certain nonprofit organizations in Jackson County are now eligible for reimbursement through the Public Assistance Grant Program administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).

“Access to reimbursement from the Public Assistance Grant Program will assist the brave Tennesseans who rushed into the aftermath of the storms to provide aid and relief for their community,” said Bailey. “The collaboration between state, local and now federal governments has been heartening in the wake of this disaster.”

The Public Assistance Grant Program is available to local governments and qualifying nonprofit organizations on a cost-sharing basis for emergency work and the repair of facilities damaged by severe storms, straight-line winds and flooding.

Under the program, FEMA pays 75 percent of the cost of disaster-related expenses such as infrastructure repairs, overtime and debris removal. Typically, the remaining 25 percent is split between state and local governments. Eligible nonprofits are responsible for the full 25 percent.

“This aid will be of great benefit to Jackson County as the community continues to recover and rebuild. I commend FEMA for their extension of this assistance,” added Bailey.


Search News by Member

Follow us on Twitter

Flickr Photos